Friday, August 28, 2009

you don't know what you got 'til it's gone

So as many of my loyal readers know, or anyone who looks at the blog preceding this one, I was at the Bengals football game last night. It was my first NFL game, and it was just as totally awesome as you might expect. Dave bought tickets for me and Sara- 36th row behind the end zone. I sweet-talked us up to the 4th row by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. We lost, but it was close and decent football. What was most memorable of the night, though, was shortly after we got to our seats (the first seats), and I realized that I hadn't done my blog for the day. I was panicked, because I knew I wasn't sure when I'd get home, and had little control over whether it was before midnight.

After unsuccessful attempts to access blogger from my phone (and futile google searches on "texting to blogger"), Dave came to the rescue and helped me access it on his Blackberry (and fortunately for me, Blogger's site is compatible with his Blackberry's internet. I got to write the mini-blog (longer than a tweet, which is supposed to be a micro-blog) above. Thank goodness.

What made this whole event remarkable was how much it bothered me to almost miss the blog. And it still bothered me to not be able to write a real entry. It was like- I've never felt that kind of guilt about missing something. I can miss exercise without caring two shits. And it wasn't even that I put it off, I just forgot to do it. And it's like I forgot to walk the dog. She can't survive without me. I feel that kind of responsibility to this whole experiment. I am not comfortable with responsibility, so we'll see how I manage this.

And if you need someone to bring to a Bengals game, I can move you up 30 rows with $10 and a smile.

No comments: