Thursday, April 12, 2007

A new attempt at blogging

I sometimes do a post on myspace... but nothing serious... we're not committed to each other.

I guess I'm doing this so I can write. Someday it would be rad to make money at writing... so I need the practice. I guess I'll get more in when I get back in school... but this will have to do in the meantime.

The thing is, I don't know what to write about. Me? Dear Lord, we have enough me floating around out there. I'm an open book... except for that private MySpace profile...

I could do social commentary... I've done that in the past. But I have become more laissez-faire in my old age, and the fight is not as strong as it once was... the fire in my heart is still smoldering, but it's more of a oxygenated ash then an out-of-control blaze.

Then there are my little observations on life... Maybe that's where I'll go with this... as illustrated through the World of Dale. My friends and I always say "it could only happen to Dale" and sometimes that's true. So maybe a combination of some observations, some stories, and a sprinkling of social commentary just to keep the ashes alive.

I'll end this first, brief post by thanking a good soul who has moved on. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. has passed away... disheartening. What a brilliant, mad genius. Breakfast of Champions is one of my favorite books... because it is one of the few books that can truly capture the madness of the mind. Whenever I read a book (usually written by the mentally ill) that can really illustrate the unbearable suffering and joy of insanity, I feel a kindred spirit is in my midst. KV was one of those writers... the reason that I keep writing. Sylvia Plath and JD Salinger are another two. They bring the light and the darkness that is madness to the forefront of human consciousness, and whenever people get out of their comfort zones... I feel a little more comfortable.

Namaste.

No comments: