Tuesday, September 1, 2009

taking a personal day?

One of the things I'm learning with this writing experiment is kind of what it would be like to be a writer. It's gone much better than I've expected- I've surprised myself with my own tenacity. I've also enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's great to get people making comments (whether through blogger, email, or facebook) and finding out people enjoy it.

But with every silver lining comes a cloud, and now that I'm close to three weeks in, I'm finding that there are no vacations with writing. I know that I'm writing one blog a day, which the actual writing of takes anywhere from a half-hour to an hour. Ooh, one hour a day. Tough shit.

But it's not just that one hour a day. I am thinking all day about what I'll write about. Even as I write this, I'm not sure what I'm going to say next. I have a headache. I'm tired. I'm stressed out. I'm tired of worrying about money and getting to a doctor and a dentist and getting new glasses. So the idea of trying to be creative when I am really freaking out.

So I am thinking that tomorrow or whenever I can put some thoughts together and churn out the creative juices (or butter, if it's churned), I'm going to rack some up and use them on nights like this. When my brain needs a personal day. Or a sick day. Depending on how you look at it.

No comments: